Music Plugin (ver 1.0)
The Music Plugin is a fast database driven music player application with free text search and tag edit.
The MediaScanner will update the database, search your .MP3, .M4A, .WMA, .WAV, .OGG and .FLAC music files and cover art while residing in the tray.
- Starts and uses the MediaScanner database engine, that will index your .MP3, .M4A, .WMA, .WAV, .OGG and .FLAC music files music to a database.
- Donwloads Cover Art when a song is played.
- View your music in 4 different Sort/Search Views. Directory, Artist, Album and Genre.
- Free text Search your music in the 4 different Sort/Search Views. Directory, Artist, Album and Genre.
- Show you the Most Played 100 songs during the last month in a playlist.
- Create, rename and delete Playlists.
- Show you your personal Playlist, Add songs to the list with the Record button.
- View song details by having a song active and press Details button (Ctrl-Y).
- Edit ID3 tags for .MP3, .M4A, .WMA, .OGG and .FLAC music files.
- Automatic Album/Artist Art download. Command Line xecution of external Art downloader program when a song is played.
- MusicArt media directory with folders for Artists, Albums, folders and Genre thumbnail images.
- Plugin works directly with thumbnails for very fast presentation with large music collections.
- Use NumPad like TextSMS in FreeText Search.
- Queue and Play directories.
- Support for Music Video AVI/FLV/MPG/MKV/MOV/WMV in Folder View.
Downloading and Installing
This plugin has been tested with GB-PVR v1.2.13 and above.
Works great with “GBPVR_v1_3_7”
No plugin configuration needed. The MusicSanner will read config.xml and index your Music directories automatically.
Album Cover Art Download
You can configure the command line arguments, with variables InstallDir, Artist, Album and Title for execution of external programs, in the music.xml file in the music plugin dir. The command will be executed (hidden) everytime a song is played.
PCH and MVP users can disable CMD execution in music.xml
To find out more about the downloaders. See the text file in the Music plugin directory.
The Genres in genre.xml is the main genres at FreeDB, AMG and Amazon. You can add Genres to this file.
When using the Music Plugin, you might find out that many files are badly tagged. Then download and install the program MusicIP Mixer. http://www.musicip.com/mixer/index.jsp
It is a fantastic program that will "fingerprint" the music files. Then you can make a database lookup and auto-tag-fix your music files.
Using the Plugin
The Music plugin is an enhanced version of the Music Library, so you can use it almost the same way.
Added ShortCuts usage:
- Add/Remove song to Playlist, Ctrl-K (Record)
- Toggle Sort/Search View, Ctrl-G (Green Button)
- View Details Popup, Ctrl-Y (Yellow Button)
- Free Text Search, Use keyboard or NumPad on Remote
This plugin is discussed in the Developers forum <Feel free to link to a specific thread in order to help the user.>
No known limitations other than:
- Scans MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG and FLAC (Limitation?)
- Scans Folder.jpg/Cover.jpg/SmallAlbumArt.Jpg/Jpgs containing "Front" in filename when creating 128x128/256x256 images
- Not possible to disable start of MusicScanner.exe (started by plugin)
Planned coming features in next major release.
You request the coming features.
- Better Tag and File editing and renaming functions.
- Better Playlist Management functions.
Bekken (MixMan helped with Alpha testing and design)
2009-01-26 : v1.0 Added features in MediaScanner for photo thumbnails
2008-11-26 : v0.68 Fix for file tagging and CD Player plugin
2008-11-17 : v0.66 Set Active playlist fix and CD Player plugin
2008-11-07 : v0.65 Minor bugfixes and improvements
2008-10-31 : v0.62 Added support for PCH freetext and bugfixes
2008-10-27 : v0.60 Added support for Music Videos and bugfixes
2008-10-24 : v0.57 Added support for M4A files and bugfixes
2008-10-21 : v0.53 Added wrapper for AAA and bugfixes
2008-10-21 : v0.51 Added support for FLAC and OGG
2008-10-20 : v0.49 Implemented NumPad for search, Play dirs
2008-10-18 : v0.46 Fix for Home key, disabled CMD exec.
2008-10-17 : v0.44 Fix for Ctrl-P, Play and Queue
2008-10-15 : v0.43 Bugfixes
2008-10-10 : v0.41 Initial public release