Channel Names and ChannelLogos
The Channels DB-ToXML is a small utilty to export the CHANNEL table in the GBPVR.DB3 database, into a XMLTV type format. The file will be used for correct naming of the TV Channel Logos for Logo downloads and showing available Logos on this server.
Run the ChannelsDB2XML.exe file.
The ChannelsDB2XML.exe file is included in the TVGuide installer v1.2
A file named Channels.XML will be created in the Installation directory.
Mail the channels.xml file to email@example.com
Channels.xml file could also be used for:
* Fast way to find out what channels there is in a network and create logos with correct naming.
* Having a utility start downloading TV Channel Logos after a Channel Scan, if country is known.
* Showing Logos/Network on Web Server with current ASP script....if user mails the file me.
* Used as a "dummy" XMLTV file for Analog TV cards.....until a XMLTV file that is present.
* Used a mapping file for XMLTV to DVB using "preferred-order" for mapping files.
* Used as backup to restore users chanel numbers and XMLTV mappings upon new installation ????
* Could be a way to edit Display Name in GUI if config program would read the file ????
Channels.xml file format
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<display-name> (XMLTV <display-name>, fiield "name" in CHANNEL table)
<channel-name> (DVB Stream Channel Name, field "display_name" in CHANNEL table)
<icon src="display_name.png" /> (Could be used if the file was used as dummy XMLTV file for analog cards)
<preferred-order> ("channel_number" field in CHANNEL table, for matching XMLTV to DVB name)
<channel-number> (Users preffered channel number, field "oid" in CHANNEL table)
DVB Stream Channel Name
When Digital Channels are scanned the "Logical Channel Name" in the DVB stream is written into the "display_name" field and into the "name" field in the CHANNEL table This is the name that is always shown in the GUI.
DVB Stream Channel Number
The "Logical Channel Number", LCN is written into the "channel_number" field in the CHANNEL table.
When an external XMLTV file with the channels "display-name" is mapped with the DVB Channel Names, the XMLTV files "display-name" is written to the "name" field in the CHANNEL table.
Channel Logos must be named as the "display_name" field in CHANNEL table or (next release) if a logo is not found with that name a logi with the field "name"(XMLTV display-name) will be shown. Logos can have the extention PNG, GIF or JPG and are shown in that order.
Generating a "dummy" file from CHANNEL table
Using CHANNEL Table to create a Mapping file that also cound be used for Logo downloads and showing available Logos on server.